Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wonderful News and a Confession
All of the children from Ethiopia in need of hosts families (that I spoke of earlier) have found host families!! Praise the Lord! If anyone is interested in finding out more about adopting or hosting to adopt, please click on one of the links to the right. Christian World Adoption, Forever Families, and Central Texas Orphan Mission Alliance are all good places to start your search or get more information.
A few weeks ago I realized that our son, Josh, wasn't going to be able to travel with me to China to get Brighton. I will have to make the trip alone. For someone who put so much faith and trust into the Lord throughout this adoption, I began to falter. Fear began to creep in and I began to worry. There wasn't just the usual, "What if I get mugged?" scenario running through my head. It began with that, but once I started to entertain that fear, and let it get a foothold, all sorts of crazy fears began to spring up. There were so many "what ifs" running through my head that I couldn't hear the Lord whispering, "Put your trust in Me alone."
Today at church, the pastor's sermon was all about surrendering to God. It was a tear-jerker for me, one of those, "God just spoke to me" moments. I finally understood that, yes, something bad could happen, but it doesn't matter! All that matters is that we are totally surrendered to the good and perfect will of God! We can let go of fear and hold on to His hand and trust that no matter what happens, He is there with us. As we sang the hymn, "I surrender all," all of the fear washed away and was replaced by a stronger faith and trust in Him. Beloved, have you surrendered all?
"I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4

No comments: