We are in the process of getting more paperwork completed, and we're getting more and more excited as the time gets closer. We also found out that China has recently changed regulations for Liaoning Province and we must now stay an extra day. I will have to travel to the city where the orphanage is (3 hours round trip from Shenyang to Anshan and back) in order to get a document from the police station stating that the child is a resident of that city and a document from the orphanage in order to get a passport for Brighton. This wasn't required before. Since I will have to go anyway, I will visit the orphanage after all.
We are happy to have found this out before I travel. Another family we know that is in China right now found out after they had already arrived and were sweating it big time due to their appointments in Guangzhou. Please pray that China doesn't change requirements while I am already there!!!!
If you know of anyone considering adoption that has older children and that can handle a child with attachment disorders, post traumatic stress disorder, aggression, etc..., please go to the link for Forever Families (message # 1699). There are several children available from Russia that are already in the US, but the adoptive familes have had to disrupt the adoptions.
Thank you for remembering Brighton in your prayers!
Blessings,
Tina
"Those who know Your name will put their trust in You,For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9:10


3 comments:
hey! So glad to hear you are just waiting to travel. I will be praying for the peace of God to cover you and that you will be reminded of the many ways the Lord goes before you...preparing the way. I tried to get in touch about the jp and see how it is going and if you would like to try the gummies that i have. It was a lifesaver in Colombia for us. Praying for you today.
lee ann
Tina,
I had to check out your blog. Brighton is absolutely a bright, shining boy! What a wonderful addition to your family he will be. I will pray that China does no more changing before or during your stay.
In His Grip,
Sheri
Tina,
I just got a chance to really look at your blog and the photos of Brighton.. they are awesome and each one reminds me why I fell in love with your son in the first place. I will be praying for you every leg of this journey.. God's plan for you and Brighton must be awesome! I hope that someday I will get to know it.. either here or in eternity.
His works are wonderful; I know that full well!
Laurie Wells
http://wellsaid.starfishdiaries.org/wordpress/
Post a Comment