Monday, May 07, 2007

An amazing thing happened today! After a wonderful day full of prayers and thanksgiving yesterday, I went to sleep confident that God is SO in control and will handle EVERY detail of our lives and our adoption. He is so faithful! I prayed and specifically asked God to provide for every need as it came along. Well, today we needed a certain amount in order to pay for the next step in our adoption.

This morning a sister-in Christ, my very dear friend, Shayne, stopped by to visit. We sat on my couch and visited a bit before she told me about a yard-sale that a friend had over the weekend. She took some things to sell and had decided that she would dedicate a certain amount that she might make for our adoption expenses. She ended up making the entire amount with 99 cents to spare!!!!! When she handed me the envelope, the tears began to flow down both our cheeks. She did not know that we needed this exact amount before she blessed us with it!

I asked her if she knew where the exact amount came from, and I proceeded to explain to her about putting everything in God's hands yesterday. It's amazing and such a blessing to see God's hand at work and His lovingkindness! God is sovereign. This is His way of showing us He is there EVERY step of the way, at EVERY moment for EVERY individual need. When He told us to adopt this child and that He would provide the way, He already had all of this pre-planned! There is no reason to worry. He knew our future before we were even conceived. He is wise, infinite, sovereign, holy, omniscient, omnipresent, faithful, loving, omnipotent, self-existent, self-sufficient, immutable, merciful, eternal, good, gracious, and just.

My children talked me out of running up and down the streets today screaming hallelujah. It's hard for me to focus on daily tasks when all I want to do is call everyone and shout GOD IS AWESOME! If the LORD is calling you to adopt or to be involved in orphan ministries, please do not ever think that He will not also provide the means necessary.

On another note; I was asked recently, do you think God has a sense of humor? It made me remember something that happened last summer. Our AC had been out for quite some time on our car. It did not come and go; it was dead, and it was HOT! Especially when the heat index was 105. The inside of a car can feel like an oven down here, especially when you have a minivan and the middle windows do not open.

I was driving around, doing errands, griping and complaining about being miserable. I said aloud to God, "Oh please God, what I wouldn't give for just one blast of cool air!" Would you believe that the next moment the AC came on full blast and lasted about a whole second, then went back off????? I don't know that I've ever laughed so hard in my life! I had to pull my car over. Every time I got into that hot car after that, I laughed and didn't complain. The AC never did that again either!

"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations!" Psalm 100

No comments: