Tuesday, May 22, 2007

We received another call from Virginia today to confirm out travel dates. We contacted the travel agency and they set up the tickets for Brighton and me! I'm so excited that I'm nearly all the way packed.

I bought a 12" blow up beach ball that is actually a globe. It will serve double duty as a play ball to bop around in the hotel room or pool, and also to show Brighton where we are and where we will be traveling to. The kids and I have been having quite a bit of fun learning sign language. I haven't been able to learn everything, but I think we're set for the most important signs during the trip. I've also been trying to learn a few Chinese words to be polite.

Brighton's backpack is almost full too. We bought him some pj's, a few shirts and shorts, socks, a floppy hat like his big brother's to keep the sun off his face, sunscreen, and an overnight bag with his very own brush, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, chap stick and shampoo. We have to wait on an updated size chart to get underwear. I hope he hasn't already outgrown the clothes, but he is a boy and we know how fast they grow. We did buy them a little big, so they may still fit. I also packed him a drawing pad and markers, travel games, picture puzzles and a few small toys to keep him entertained on the plane. Once we're in China, I'll get him a few bilingual books to read as well. If anyone has any other wonderful ideas to help the time pass quickly, let me know. The flight is 14 hours long!

Blessings!
Tina

"I will praise You, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

No comments: