Monday, July 02, 2007

This morning marks our 4th day home from China, and I'm still waking up at 3am and falling asleep by 5 or 6 pm. Brighton has no trouble going to bed at 9 and getting up at 7. This jet-lag is really getting to me though. Everyone told me what it was like, but I guess I didn't think it I would get it. I've been irritable, groggy, indecisive, and I feel like my head is in the clouds. It feels like having the flu without the cough and fever. Nothing seems real here yet and I still don't feel like I'm home. When people talk to me, I feel like I'm in a dream and I'm just to tired to respond. There are gifts to give, people to thank, family to call, people who want to meet Brighton, and I just don't feel like i can do it yet.

Thankfully, David and the girls have been keeping things going smoothly and watching over Brighton when I've napped. I'm going to try to stay up ALL day today and not go to bed till 9pm. Maybe I'll even tackle unpacking my things today. Brighton had his bags unpacked and his room in order within an hour of being home. He was so cute organizing his room how he wanted it.

Brighton's birthday is coming up fast and I know I should be preparing for it, but I just can't seem to get things together in my head to plan a party yet.

Does anyone else have any advice on jet-lag???? It was so nice to hear from a friend who's been to China. She said that it took her several weeks to feel normal again, so at least I know I haven't lost my mind. LOL! I just feel like I need things to slow down a bit so I can catch up. Is it better to sleep when you can, or stay up and be miserable all day to try to sleep all night? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated from moms who've been there, done that!

Love,
Tina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Advice for jet lag - much chocolate :) Glad you guys are home - and really glad Brighton seems to be adjusting so well!