Our I-171H is Finally Here!
We received our 1-171H in the mail from the Department of Homeland Security clearing us to bring Brighton home! Now we can finally get our dossier to China. Once we are DTC, it will be 3-4 months before we get TA (travel approval). Once we get TA, we must travel two weeks later.
Please pray for us to get all of the necessary stamps from the Secretary of State and the Chinese Consulate in Houston in a timely manner so we can be DTC by Christmas. Please also pray for provisions for all of the fees. We've only payed for about half of the adoption fees. The Lord has provided exactly what we've needed when we've needed it! We are going to continue to trust Him for His provisions. He has been leading this adoption from the very beginning and we are faithfully following His lead.
I took Dani to her Christmas Around the World dress rehearsal today. The parents were allowed to sit in the stands and watch the entire performance. There are several children from different countries skating to songs from their countries. There was this sweet little Chinese girl who skated to Chinese festival music while skating with Chinese silks and firecrackers, which are always lit for festivites in China. She was so precious, and it brought tears to my eyes thinking about Brighton not being home for Christmas.
My computer crashed this week, and it's been so frustrating not being able to check my email or post to the adoption forums we're on. Every time we think we're getting ahead, something else sems to crash or go haywire! We had to completely gut our kitchen two weeks ago because we had a bad leak that caused black mold under the cabinets. Two weeks before that it was our car. I'm beginning to think a horse and buggy and a tent would be just fine! LOL!
Our social worker told us to call her if anything changed. I'm wondering if the kitchen qualifies? I was nervous about this because we haven't been able to afford to finish it, then I heard on the news that her Taekwondo school was infested with bats. I'm sure she understands better than anyone how freak things can happen!
I will post more news when I know something else. Sorry about the huge paragraphs. Blogger isn't being cooperative again.
Tina
"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15


No comments:
Post a Comment