Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas!
Our paperchase is now finished! I picked up all 12 of our documents today at the Chinese Consulate in Houston. They were all authenticated with no problems. We are now ready to send our dossier to CWA the first week of January (they are closed next week) and it should go to China on January 10th. It takes two weeks to get logged in to China, so I'm guessing January 24, 2007 we will be logged-in in China, which puts us on the waiting list for our travel announcement. That should be around 90 days. (18th of April?) So my best guesstimate would be that we will be traveling to China in May. Two months after that will be Brighton's 10th birthday!
I was doing so well waiting, being patient, understanding delays... until Christmas got closer. It is so hard not having our son home for Christmas. I keep thinking about the kids sitting by the fireplace in their pj's with messy bedhead, going through their stockings with huge grins on their faces, and one son sitting in China wondering what his family is doing. I miss him so much my heart aches! Please pray for safety and comfort for our little boy!
We sent out a huge package two weeks ago for the orphans and for Brighton. We hope we can get a confirmation soon on whether or not he received his package. I ordered stamps from China and sent self-addressed stamped envelopes in hopes that he might write to us.
Have a very Merry Christmas everyone and may you have a very blessed, Christ-filled New Year!
Love, Tina
"You will seek Me and find Me..." Jeremiah 29:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Lord! I am so very happy to have a new nephew! He is so handsome. Congratulations! Email me when you get a chance : pinktreats@charter.net Give everyone hugs and kisses for me. Talk to you later