
We finally have our home study appointment! The social worker is coming this Saturday to do our home study. I'm so excited because we are one step closer to bringing Brighton home. We're still waiting on pre-approval, which should come any day. Once that comes, we can get more updated photos of Brighton.
I took Charly to U Paint It for her birthday. She painted a frog for her wall, Dani painted a dog bowl for Isabelle, and I painted a plate with Brighton's name on it. It turned out really cute. I can't wait to give it to him.
The mom who adopted Brighton's best friend emailed me again today. She told me that Nick said Brighton can make sounds. We are hoping that we can teach him to speak English while learning to sign.
She also told me that Nick loves his bed. In China they sleep on a hard surface with a straw mat, no pillow, and one blanket. I can't wait to tuck Brighton into his new, soft bed.
This past weekend I had a dream about Brighton. It was his first night home and he was scared to sleep alone. I snuggled next to him, and he wrapped my arm around him and went to sleep. I woke up smiling. It is something I've wondered about. The kids there sleep in one big room all together. Being alone in a room at night may not feel safe to him.
Josh flew home yesterday from California. We were so happy to see him! He's really excited about being able to be a big brother to Brighton. I think they will bond right away.
Thank you so much for keeping us in your prayers! We love all of you!
Love,
David & Tina
"The body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ." 1 Corinthians 12:12


No comments:
Post a Comment