Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Good News Keeps Coming!
Today, the UPS guy brought us a package we weren't expecting. That's always fun! (as long as it's not C.O.D. and you're not sure who it's from) But this package was from CWA, our adoption agency, and I tore into it like it was Christmas morning.
The first page was a beautiful congratulations letter, purposely typed on quality stationary, from a sweet woman at CWA. Everyone there has just been so supportive and have been praying for Brighton and for us! It explained that they were sending us the original pre-approval document from China, all of the records CWA had kept on An Sheng (Brighton), and a few more color photos of him that are just darling. I'm going to have to take out stock in Puffs!
One of the documents had more information than we had heard before. This is what it said, word for word: "An Sheng, male, was found abandoned on bus No. 24 in the evening of July 4, 2001 by the driver. After searching for his birth parents in vain by public security bureau of the police station of Anshan City, he was sent to our orphanage to be raised the next day by the approval of Civil Affairs Bureau of Anshan City." I hope my poor child didn't have to spend the night at the police station! I know he must have been terrified!
The caretakers at his orphanage stated in one document that he's never had an accident or been hurt. That was from 2004. His hobby is reading books! We put a request in today for more information form his orphanage. We requested that they ask them if he can read Chinese, and if so, what grade level, if he's learning Chinese sign language, how his health is, if he needs anything, if the orphanage needs anything, and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head. We will be sending several care packages over the next few months, so if anyone would like to add to it for the orphanage, let me know! I'll have a list of items they need soon. We can not send anything religious, bulky or heavy. Bulky doesn't include blankets, diapers, etc...
I would like to thank everyone who has been praying for Brighton. It just warms our hearts and means so much to us to know you love our little boy so much! Please also remember the thousands of children in the world who need parents. Most will never know what it's like to feel safe, have a warm hug, a family meal, a mom and dad who love them, a roof over their heads, and most of all a chance to see our sweet Savior modeled to them by loving parents. It's just hard to fathom, with all the wealth we see daily, how the plight of these sweet children goes unnoticed. But the most important thing they need is prayer. It's absolutely free!!! My heartfelt prayer is that every orphan at least gets the chance to learn about our Lord and savior. Even if their surroundings and circumstances cannot be changed, their hearts can, and God will always be there with them, wherever they are.
If you would like to get more involved, there are links to the right for Christian World Adoption and Christian World Foundation.
"Christian World Foundation exists to help feed, clothe, medicate, educate, and care for children of the world without regard for their color or class, based on the teachings and love of our Lord Jesus Christ." http://www.cwa.org/cwf.html
Our love and many thanks to everyone!
David & Tina
"If you love Me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him because He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:15-18

No comments: