Sunday, September 23, 2007


Friday afternoon I went to Sheng's school to have lunch with him. He was so excited to have his mama there that he never stopped smiling the entire time! Mrs. Walsh went back to the room to get two red readers to show me how much he's learned to read on his own. That was the highlight of my entire week! His classmates asked me so many questions and told me all about themselves.

After lunch we went out onto the playground so he could show me all of the things he likes to do for recess. He really does like to play with the girls!!! He played soccer and played on the swings and monkey bars. When we went to his room after recess, he showed me some of his workbooks and showed me around the room. They are really doing a huge amount of work in his class!

Thursday I went to get my hair all cut off and to get it highlighted. I was a bit a nervous about how Sheng was going to react when he saw it. When he got home he raced over to me with a huge grin on his face. He kept signing over and over, "Mama beautiful!" It made my eyes well up with tears. (Then I started wondering why I wasn't "Mama beautiful" before?) HAHAHA!

We are getting ready for church as I type this. Last Sunday, Sheng was so happy at church that I was lost in the look of awe on his face. We sat right in front of the woman who interprets the service in sign language. He was thoroughly engrossed in what she was signing. He really loves to watch her sign the songs! It looks like poetry in motion.


"You are a shield around me, O LORD; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head." Psalm 3:3

No comments: