Sheng with his 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Walsh
First ever ride on a school bus!Since I last posted, our son has let us know that he prefers to be called Sheng, (pronounced Shung) so we are trying to get to know our son by his Chinese name instead of his English name. It's a bit hard because we've only known him as Brighton for an entire year, but he truly feels more comfortable with his Chinese name.
Let's see...we've done so much that it's hard to remember it all. Sheng LOVES to fish with his daddy! They go out in the canoe about every week. For Charly's birthday, we spent the entire weekend at Lake Limestone camping and he just loved every minute of it! (except the heat of course) They played in rafts, swam, and played badminton. It was quite a bit of fun! Sheng is also doing exceptionally well in archery. He is now a member of the Brazos 4-H Archery Club and never misses a meeting or practice.
I believe his most memorable day yet, though was his first day of school. I drove him on Monday to make sure he felt safe and to see how he reacted to being left at school. I lingered in the hallway, being nosy and he did just fine! He loved every minute of it, although he did say that it was too, too long and he was very tired. His teacher is just the most amazing woman I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I'm thrilled that she's my son's teacher! He just adores her too. He rode the bus home and also loved that first experience as well. He got to sit next to his friend Tanner, who is also in his class at school.



No comments:
Post a Comment