Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hi, everybody- my mom wanted for me to post this for her that she sent in an email, because it won't let her post anything on her blog from where she is right now in China.

~Charly



Brighton is just the most amazing little boy! He is so smart and learns things the first time you tell him. He is polite and holds doors for others, offers his gum to others and loves to help with everything. I had to tell him it was ok for him not to clean the hotel room. The second day here he was thoroughly amazed when we got back to the room and it was clean and the beds were made. He ran to the bathroom to see if it was clean too.

He is finally starting to not be nervous around me and hugged me this morning. It was really hard not to cry. He is so sweet. Every time I answer the phone, he wants to know if it's his dad. When I say yes, he waves hi.

We went to the mall the day before yesterday and bought many clothes, shoes, and a few games. He was so excited! When we went to Walmart Supercenter, he was throwing everything in the cart and I had to establish boundaries really fast and teach him to ask and what yes and no means. He had a lot of fun teaching me the games. We played a mean game of volleyball in the hotel room with a beach ball I took. It was so fun that we both fell on the bed laughing.

We are having trouble getting Brighton's passport. Can't elaborate, but please pray that we can get it today. We are supposed to fly to Guangzhou tomorrow.

Miss everyone!
Tina

1 comment:

alison said...

I was so glad to see an update. I've had you and Brighton on my mind. He sounds like a wonderful little boy. I will pray for him getting that much needed passport!!

Alison
part of your CWA family