Saturday, June 16, 2007

Hello from Beijing, China! It is 7am here and I thought I'd get everyone caught up on what's happening. Our flight was delayed in Chicago for 7 hours due to mecahnical problems. (6 hours in the airport and nearly an hour of waiting on the plane with no airconditioning and waiting to take off on the runway) It was a very uncomfortable feeling sitting on a plane that was having engine trouble. The flight over was long and uncomfortable, but the food was excellent and the company was even better. I sat next to a gentleman who has adopted from China and said a prayer for us as we took off for safe travel! While at the airport, a Chinese gentleman gave me Chinese language lessons. He was very kind, as was his wife.

Beijing reminds me of Houston. Everyone smokes here, so it's hard to get used to smelling the smoke all of the time. The weather is nice. The other families I'm traveling with have been wonderful. They let me borrow their Panda Phone because mine was not delivered. Please pray that I will get that today so I can call David and the girls.

We are getting ready to go to see the Great Wall and the Forbidden Palace. I'm so excited that tomorrow I will get to meet our son!!!!!

Love,
Tina

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina-so glad you made it safely and by now you and Brighton are getting to know one another.
May the Lord continue to watch over you both while in China.

Blessings,
Sheri Dills

Carmi said...

Hi Tina!! So glad to hear you made it to Beijing OK! Hope all is going well. Praying for you and for Brighton!

Anonymous said...

I love you and tell your son I like the Rockets but I'm sorry to say I like the Spurs better. Just tell him I will like the Rockets too. I can't wait to finally see him. I have a surprise for the two of you when you get back....

Enjoy every minute of each other.
love, and prayers Aunt Tracy

Anonymous said...

Tina and Brighton,
I am sooo excited that the Lord has brought you safely to China. He is Lord of all creation! Excited to hear that you are sight seeing. Hope you are able to rest. Praying for a sweet meeting and first days together. May the Lord give you wisdom and discernment. Praying...Be blessed,Lee Ann