Monday, February 05, 2007

We are shouting hellelujah's to the LORD and singing praises for His wonderful gifts tonight! The gifts keep coming, one after the other!!!! They have been coming in all forms...a letter from Brighton's teacher, then beautiful photos of our son to cry and laugh over at the same time! Then, a HUGE surprise that made me fall to my knees in wonderous praise of our LORD's wonderful blessings!

David came home this evening with an envelope that he was given by one of his builder's today with our names on the front. Inside there was the sweetest 'For the Parents-to-Be' card with the MOST PRECIOUS letter typed on the inside. Mr. Knight thought we were adopting a baby boy, but adopting none-the-less. I would like to type out what they wrote in the letter because it is the most beautiful heart-felt letter that I have ever received in my life and I feel it will encourage all of you who are struggling to adopt right now, or who are thinking about it. I am extremely thankful for the generous donation, but the letter itself is more the treasure to me! I will keep it in my diary for the rest of my life.

David & Tina,

People who make a difference in others lives are special people. Those who give love, hope, and a home to the children of the world are truly a special gift from God. You have been on our minds and in our prayers since we learned of your adoption of a beautiful baby boy. My wife, Kimm was adopted and holds a special place in her heart for you and those like you who give the gift of hope and belonging. I was fortunate to be raised in a loving Christian home where my parents taught us by example that our lives are defined, not by what we have, but how we use what we have to help others and to make a difference.

My father passed away in 2002, and my mother this past October. We recently received some money from their estate. I can think of nothing that would make my parents prouder than knowing that their teachings and labors are still paying forward the gift of love.

In honor of our parents, our family would like to give you and your family this gift of love to help in bringing your beautiful child home soon! Our hopes and prayers are with you daily.

Love, The Knights


(Okay, I have to go get the Puffs again) I want to hug and kiss every one of the members of this family for their beautiful gift. I thank God, not only for their donation, but for Randy's parents who raised their children in a Christian home with love and the understanding of that which is the better part. I am also thankful for Kimm's parents who gave her the most precious gift of a loving family.

For those who are reading this who have been thinking about adoption, but have been burdened by doubt over the financial aspect, PLEASE, PLEASE do not let that hold you back. If it is God's will for you, please trust that He will also provide for every need you might have along the journey. There are so many orphaned children around the world, in every country, who just need to "belong" to a loving family.

I know that some of these verses are repeats of what I've posted before, but they are so much in my heart right now that I had to post them again!




"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone that asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like the wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all that he does." James 1:5-8



"And whatever things you ask for in prayer, believing, you will receive." Matthew 21:22









No comments: